For those who are attending the Pirate Fest this Saturday, you know it’s going to be an exciting day filled of beads, booze, pirate outfits, and lots of walking in Downtown Tampa. Pirates take this day quite seriously; many start as early as 7 am and keep the party going until 2 am.
Based on my past experiences, I’ve created a Gasparilla Survival Kit that will not only help you make it through the day.
To avoid feeling absolutely terrible later on, make sure to at least include a few items (if not all) in your Gasparilla Survival Kit:
- Sunscreen is essential; it protects the skin from damage and prevents sunburn. The parade takes place outdoors, and the entire day is almost always sunny.
- Staying hydrated: When we consume alcohol, we lose electrolytes and become dehydrated (especially in the sun). Mix a packet of electrolyte in water before you start drinking and replenish a couple more times throughout the day. If you are unable to do so, take a packet after the festivities are over, preferably before bed and when you wake the next day. Find our products with electrolytes here.
- Solaray Liver Blend SP-13: We’re going to be making our livers work extra hard, so why not help them out? Solaray’s Liver Blend contains dandelion, milk thistle, burdock, artichoke, kelp and peppermint. These homeopathic nutrients cleanse and detoxify the liver, regenerate liver cells, and stimulate the flow of bile.
- Activated Charcoal: This helps with the removal of toxins caused by alcohol. Charcoal promotes a healthy digestive tract and can prevent hangovers. Take before you start drinking, otherwise it won’t be as beneficial.
- Protein bars: You can surely work up an appetite during Gasparilla, so why not snack on something nutritious that will keep you full until your next meal? Genuine Health's Vegan Proteins Plus is packed with 14g of protein, 10g of fiber, 10g of sugar and only 210 calories making it a nutritious, on-the-go snack to fuel and active lifestyle.
I don’t expect you to get everything on this list, but even if you have close to half of these items, you will surely be on the right track! As long as you prepare your body beforehand and nourish it throughout the day, you will have a successful Gasparilla. Your body will thank you!
These statements are not evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.