Do you get those in between your meal cravings while at work? Trust us, you aren’t alone. One great snack you can buy in bulk nowadays are nuts and nut mixes. Nuts are full of nutrients such as protein, fiber, and healthy fats. Here is a brief rundown of nuts and their nutrient profile:
- Cashews – High in Vitamin E, Magnesium, and Zinc
- Almonds – Has the highest protein and fiber content of all tree nuts. Just like cashews, almonds are high in Vitamin E, and are also a source of Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, and Vitamin B2 and B3.
- Pistachios – Are high in Vitamins B1, B6, and Potassium. They are also a good source of fiber and protein.
- Macadamia and Walnuts – Both of these are high in Manganese, B1 and Copper and Phosphorus.
- Pecans - High in various minerals, but also a good source of free radical fighting antioxidants as well.
Need a vitamin and mineral boost, along with some protein and fiber to hold you over until the next meal? I think a handful of nuts would make a great choice!