Do you prefer your sweat session in the a.m. or in the evenings? Now that many of us are back in the gym, it’s important to find the right time that works best for you. I personally prefer working out in the mornings so I have my evenings free, but I also like to sleep in and stay active after work, especially since I’m at my desk all day.
Whether you are an early bird or night owl, here are the advantages to both:
- Opens up the afternoon for other responsibilities
- Better quality sleep
- Can burn up to 20 percent body fat if exercising on an empty stomach
- Keeps you energized throughout the day
- Body temperature is highest in the late afternoon; muscle strength and endurance may peak during this time
- Reaction time is quicker, and heart rate and blood pressure are at the lowest. This can improve performance and reduce the risk of injury
- More testosterone is produced, which is important for muscle growth and strength
- Relieves stress of the day
The Scoop on Being a Vegan (Plus Top Pantry Items & 10 Simple Vegan Fall Recipes to Try This Season)
With the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it’s easy to become stressed, overstimulated, and run down. Many of u...